Tuesday, June 21, 2016

We've come a long way, baby.


This is the original Starfall - circa June 21, 2009



Its hard to imagine that 7 years ago, today, we were opening up Starfall for the first time, after a week long effort consisting of love, family, community, sweat, tears, 'colorful metaphors', and wild determination. Oh, let's not forget one of the other main ingredients - AWESOME.

I used to blog a lot, speaking my mind about different things, and then RL started sapping my time, so I've kind of gone silent in that way, at least on the blog, and such. But I haven't stopped talking to my friends and the family and community that we've built around Starfall. 

This place is a concept really, an idea, and a gathering place, so our mad little band of boys and grrrls and such can hang out and enjoy that mania that drives us all to gather. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I'm so fortunate to have the opportunity to be around all you mad-cap goofballs and misfits. Each and every one of you are the reason why I keep the place going. But I couldn't keep it going without the collective will of you all. I could not do this alone. People drift in and out of your lives, both in RL and SL, and it really says something that we've chosen to keep coming back to spend our evenings (or whatever time of day it is, where you live, RL local time xD ) together.

For all of you that have been donors of time, money, moral support, spiritual support, athletic support xD and sexy support - and all of you that just like hanging out and being mouthy - you all keep the spirit of what make's Starfall live, thrive, and be a special place.

You guys saved my life, and I hope I remain worthy to continue maintaining our sanctuary - our Refuge of Awesome, into the future.

You just never know what's going to happen down the road, but regardless, the last 7 years - with all the ups and downs, ins and outs, trials and tribulations - it has all been worth it, and I so appreciate having you as my friends (and fiends).

Rock on, you beautiful bastards!

Dehrynn Shepherd
Owner/Operator/Shepherd of Starfall/Elf Himself
June 21, 2016

PS: A special recognition to the cadre of the original Starfall gang that helped get the club launched in those shaky, early and scary days when I was sure I didn't know what the fuck I was doing - in no particular order:
Kaj, Blaise, Pookie, Kyne, Gage, Charley, Ima, Esmiel, Merrick, Dodge, Nathaniel, MTD Timeless, Vincenttalent Maximus, and Darla Meads. 

You all were the pillars that made it a reality. 

Vince and Darla allowed us to use the club under their store to hold our parties for that odd week in 2009 between The Wharf Closing, and a week later, the grand opening of Starfall!

A special shout out to Koen Whitfield - the original donor of land for us to build Starfall - and a patron the let us continue for several years without charging us a dime in Tier payments. That was an wonderful thing.

There are a ton of folks that I want to name and mention, but I'll do that in my next post - the hosts, djs, and officers that have helped Shizzy and I keep the doors open and the lights on for so many years.

Yay! Its over! nothing left to see for this post! Go home..Go.. get out of here.. I'm finished.. REALLY! Ok *BEEEEEEP!*




No comments:

Post a Comment