Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Starfall's 5th Birthday - WOW
by: Dehrynn Shepherd


So, it seems there was a little party over this past weekend. We kind of took it from Friday to Sunday, and called it the Starfall 5th Anniversary party or Happy 5th Birthday Starfall. Something like that. Who woulda thunk it, huh?

My big thanks to Shizzy for the decorations, and to everyone - Kaj, Charley, Matt, Pookie, Boot, Kyne, Zeek ... my mind just keeps throwing out names to put in, and I know I could list them for ever, probably - all the folks that have either been at Starfall since that fateful night 5 years ago when we pulled it all together, as our old little clubhouse was taken away, and we decided, with the help of some friends, to build our own place and call it Starfall. That was June 2009. Gods, that seems like a century ago, not just half a decade.

Honestly, I never thought that this would happen - that we would make it 5 years. I don't mean that I didn't think we could make it this long, I just never thought this far ahead. Not really.

But in the end, its all about having that place to be that we can call our own. I get a lot of satisfaction from being the caretaker of Starfall - or Shepherd (heh) but I feel like its more like we carved out our own little spot to dance and joke and listen to tunes, or spin them, as the situation calls for it.

I am so glad that I was able to get in the tail end of the Starfall celebration Sunday night and DJ - I had a blown mother board (ok, pervs.. not THAT kind of blown.. yes, there's other kinds of being blown.. oh what's the use.. perv on.. move along! ). My return to DJing in the nick of time was made possible by the help of 2 very special friends. If it weren't for them, I probably would have had another 2 weeks in the DJ broke back computer gulag.  Thank you guys! You know who you are. You ROCK!

And wow the whole weekend was awesome! And the Sunday Night party was just fantastic. I can't say enough how much I loved seeing all of you there, and to get to rock out, and play tunes, and perv with you all.

SO!

Yeah.

Rock on, my friends. The Refuge of Awesome will keep going for all for you. As long as you'll have me.

OH GODS.. I meant as long as you'll put up with me, not really "have me" geez! PERVS!!

hehe

<33 br=""> Dehrynn Shepherd
Owner-Starfall

No comments:

Post a Comment